From June 5th to July 27th!
AAMU CCP Edmonton Heights After-School Tutoring and Mentoring Program
NOTE: All activities will be tailored to each age group and instructed according to students’ strengths.
Your child will receive s detailed schedule of his/her daily activities in our after-school program on the very first day. In addition to the scheduled daily activities, we will have guest speakers time to time and possibly field trips once in awhile.
Even though we all hope for good weather, some bad weather is inevitable. Upholding the reputation of one of the best programs for kids, we’ve worked out a special Bad Weather Schedule. During these bad weather days, computer labs, play room and group sessions will be utilized. In addition, each classroom is equipped with TV and DVD players where children watch educational programs and age appropriate movies.
- To enroll in the CCP’s Edmonton Heights Family Life Center , a child must be between the ages of 5-13
- Students must be registered for the full program.
- An enrollment form/release must be completed and turned in.
- All registration procedures must be done through the Edmonton Heights Family Life
Center located at 223 Salem Drive, Huntsville, AL, 35811.
Daily Attendance/Pick-Up and Drop Off
- CCP’s After-School Tutoring and Mentoring Program will open at 2:30 PM each afternoon (Monday-Thursday) and will close at 5:00 PM.
- The Family Life Center’s number is 256-288-0774.
- For safety reasons, parent or guardians must come inside the Family Life Center (FLC) and sign in and out their children each day.
- When someone other than the primary caregiver is scheduled to pick the student, we need a written notice by the caregiver, with the name of that person and that person will be asked to supply a photo ID.
MISSION AND VISION
The Mission Statement
EMPOWERING YOUTH TO ACHIEVE OPTIMAL EDUCATION THROUGH HANDS-ON TUTORING AND MENTORING
GROWING TOGETHER RESPECTING OURSELVES AND OTHERS IN OUR COMMUNITY AND ENVIRONMENT
After-School Program Goals
- To offer children the chance to learn and have fun while developing new skills, fostering friendships, and thriving in a supportive environment.
- To provide a secure and healthy space for children whose parents are seeking a reliable place for their kids throughout the year.
- To promote the adoption of positive habits and activities that contribute to a healthy lifestyle and optimistic mindset.
- To seamlessly integrate recreation with academics, ensuring that children not only continue to learn throughout the school year but also enjoy the process.
- To assist each student in exploring and nurturing their unique talents and abilities.